The Family Developmental Center (FDC) is a licensed child development program which has been operated by the Family Service Agency of San Francisco since 1971. Family Developmental Center center is subdivided into Infant/Toddler and Preschool programs. Children may enter from two weeks to three years of age, and may remain in the program until the age of three years, eight months. In addition, FDC offers a mainstreamed program for children birth to three, who has special needs.
Community Impact Stories:
FDC's mission is to provide developmental child care in a equitable, nurturing, challenging, and inclusive program, which addresses the medical, educational, and social needs of the child and family.
That all the children entrusted in our care receive exemplary developmental care and learning opportunities to maximize their potential for successful entry into the educational system.
- Every child will be provided the opportunity to learn, thrive and fully develop in all competenciees at his/her pace.
- We are committed to an integrated program model which includes children with special needs.
- Services will be provided in a manner which respects the culture, language and ethnic values of each child.
- Access to developmental child care services will be equitable and no family will be discriminated on the basis of race, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability or perceived disability.
- The child's family will be an integral part of the development of curriculum, activities and progress of evaluations.
- We will maintain a highly qualified, diverse and motivated teaching staff.
- Administrative and programmatic leadership will work to identify and utilize all community, social services, medical and other resources available to support the children and families being served.